Author Topic: Hell Let Loose  (Read 88 times)

Offline Netdevil

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • super noob
  • Kudos: +3/-0
  • noob
    • View Profile
Hell Let Loose
« on: June 03, 2019, 01:18:57 pm »
Does anyone have plans on playing this?  https://www.hellletloose.com/
I noticed it a month or so ago. I had a friend play in the Closed Beta and it's all she's talked about for weeks.

I'm just gauging interest at the moment for a possible branch, however I also see many peeps playing Atlas and WoW. If there's enough interest, I'd be interested in helping to get this game going in the SN community. I've just now gotten to the point where I'm done making babies and piecing my personal life back together from the shambles its been in for years
 :cya:  Netdevil
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +126/-113
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Re: Hell Let Loose
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 02:37:35 pm »
Hiya, ND. Nice to hear from you. I haven't heard of this game until this post. I watched the vid's on steam. Looks pretty cool, especially the 100 person battle fields and the resource based meta game with a dynamic front line. I'll keep an eye on it. Let us know how it goes.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +36/-31
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 05:35:12 am »
It certainly looks interesting.

Offline Netdevil

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • super noob
  • Kudos: +3/-0
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 07:35:11 am »
So I'll give you all a brief review so far for Hell Let Loose.
Pros:
- Not a CoD, Medal of Honor type of game. Closer to Squad but not as cumbersome/complicated. This is a major plus for me personally.
- Beautiful game, Unreal 4 Graphics. Performs well 60+FPS on high with a medium GTX1060+ Rig.
- Fantastic Community, Devs talk in Discord constantly.
- Much more tactical gameplay than Planetside2 or CS-GO. Lone Wolfs, for the most part, don't live long lol.
- Very realistic, especially with Support roles and Tanks. Arty and Tanks are VERY powerful, Infantry very squishy. Chest and Head hits will put you down in one shot.
- Communication more important than in any other game I've played, to the point that a stronger team can lose to a much weaker team due to a lack of coordination. Again, Arty and Tanks very powerful and successful teams learn to integrate them with infantry support.

Cons:
- Early Access game that has quite a few known bugs, most annoying to me is the VOIP bug, taking out proximity voice chat. You use this ALOT and sometimes it just randomly won't work.
- No Private Server Hosting, only Rental. (This is being addressed towards the end of EA)
- Really needs close to 100 players per server to take advantage of the HUGE maps. I'd say each map is about the size of a continent in PS2. Difficult to jump into a game with less than 64 players going so you either see completely empty servers or completely full servers, not many in the middle.
- Quite a bit of walking, needs more transport vehicles added.
- Only a few maps currently. ( Utah Beach map coming in the next few weeks apparently )
- Team Killing is currently rampant, mostly due to the influx of new players from other games that don't have TKing enabled.

Overall impression:

I've had a ton of fun playing the game, but only under the right circumstances. Headset/mic required. Pretty much no way around that and I personally can't always use a mic often. Think "Band of Brothers" simulator, quite literally. Even a memorial in-game to the unit "Easy Company" on one of the maps.
I like it but I wouldn't play Pick Up Games if I could avoid it. I have the most fun hooking up with one of the Clans on their rented servers. I've done a ton of participation as a Rifleman, Spotter (Both Scout Sniper and Arty), Tanker, and Medic. Favorite is probably the Medic honestly. They can have a huge impact by reviving wounded squaddies and saving manpower tickets/resources. Spawns are usually a much longer wait than other games, up to a few minutes, and spawn points are usually a bit of a walk as well. When everything is in place as intended though, the game shines like no other. Combat is satisfying and extremely graphic in detail. Guns feels and sound right. Tanks are very slow to turn and cumbersome, more realistic. Artillery strikes rely on coordinates from the infantry to have any impact at all. No "Game Modes" or anything like that. Just capture your objectives or defend them and have more resources left at the end than the other team. 50 players to a team, I think this is a great number. Servers seem to handle it with little difficulty yet battles never feel dull. You hear constant shooting/bombing from a great distance. Hitboxes are very accurate, for the most part. If you can work together as a group and love WW2 shooters, I promise you will like this game. Very solid, especially for an Early Access Title.

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions. I started rolling around with [RIP] Rusty in Places Clan a few days ago and damn, it really is fun as hell! They know what they are doing. Very unique experience and reminds me of the best that Planetside 2 offered. I haven't joined up with another Clan. I'm really interested to see what everyone here thinks because I think SN could really shine in this one, if we get the numbers/interest to play it, even with another Clan or two involved.

Netdevil
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:05:08 am by Netdevil »
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.