Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 109 times)

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +36/-31
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
Fallout 76
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:29:26 pm »

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +126/-113
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 11:22:26 am »
I've been looking at this one, also red dead redemption might be cool.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 08:13:42 am »
So is anyone planning on getting this? I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow to get access to the Beta on Oct 30th

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:05 am »
how many people can play together?

Offline Horns

• Administrator
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +19/-13
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 03:13:29 pm »
how many people can play together?

Apparently 24 players per server and 4 players per team if I am reading this article correctly.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/06/fallout-76-supports-24-players-in-each-game/

When Bethesda confirmed that Fallout 76 would be a multiplayer game, Todd Howard didn't specify how large the multiplayer component would be. But in the recent documentary with NoClip, Bethesda revealed how many players will be able to play at once.

In the almost-40 minute documentary, embedded below, one of the Bethesda developers confirmed that each game instance will support 24 players per each server. "You're going to open up the paper map, and you're going to see where the other people are," Jeff Gardiner, a project lead at Bethesda Game Studios, said.

"Do you want to go help them ... do you want to try to shoot them, however our PvP system ends up working out ... all the servers are a 24 person instance, you load in, it'll be full of people," Gardiner added.

He added that there would be a trading system, and that the team limit right now was four players, although everything was adjustable internally. Fallout 76 is designed to be a live game, with the nuclear bunkers functioning as a cyclical end-game content of sorts for players.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 08:32:58 pm »
I pre-ordered it. Beta goes live Oct 30. Once I get some play time in, I'll post my thoughts on it.

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 09:16:36 pm »
I pre-ordered it. Beta goes live Oct 30. Once I get some play time in, I'll post my thoughts on it.
I'm going to hold off pending your review. I am a little turned off by the 24 person limit. That's about half of what I was hoping for.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 08:40:36 pm »
I'm going to hold off pending your review. I am a little turned off by the 24 person limit. That's about half of what I was hoping for.

Yeah I was not to thrilled about that either, that being said, it is a new fallout, and I own all of them.