Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +36/-31
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
Fallout 76
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:29:26 pm »

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +126/-113
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 11:22:26 am »
I've been looking at this one, also red dead redemption might be cool.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 08:13:42 am »
So is anyone planning on getting this? I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow to get access to the Beta on Oct 30th

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:05 am »
how many people can play together?

Offline Horns

• Administrator
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +19/-13
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 03:13:29 pm »
how many people can play together?

Apparently 24 players per server and 4 players per team if I am reading this article correctly.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/06/fallout-76-supports-24-players-in-each-game/

When Bethesda confirmed that Fallout 76 would be a multiplayer game, Todd Howard didn't specify how large the multiplayer component would be. But in the recent documentary with NoClip, Bethesda revealed how many players will be able to play at once.

In the almost-40 minute documentary, embedded below, one of the Bethesda developers confirmed that each game instance will support 24 players per each server. "You're going to open up the paper map, and you're going to see where the other people are," Jeff Gardiner, a project lead at Bethesda Game Studios, said.

"Do you want to go help them ... do you want to try to shoot them, however our PvP system ends up working out ... all the servers are a 24 person instance, you load in, it'll be full of people," Gardiner added.

He added that there would be a trading system, and that the team limit right now was four players, although everything was adjustable internally. Fallout 76 is designed to be a live game, with the nuclear bunkers functioning as a cyclical end-game content of sorts for players.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 08:32:58 pm »
I pre-ordered it. Beta goes live Oct 30. Once I get some play time in, I'll post my thoughts on it.

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 09:16:36 pm »
I pre-ordered it. Beta goes live Oct 30. Once I get some play time in, I'll post my thoughts on it.
I'm going to hold off pending your review. I am a little turned off by the 24 person limit. That's about half of what I was hoping for.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 08:40:36 pm »
I'm going to hold off pending your review. I am a little turned off by the 24 person limit. That's about half of what I was hoping for.

Yeah I was not to thrilled about that either, that being said, it is a new fallout, and I own all of them.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 01:05:03 pm »
PC Beta is Oct 30th. Preload of Beta started today. Beta client is 47.64GB

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 07:17:38 pm »
Ehhh, This is going to suck. I have a i5-3570K 3.4 GHz

Fallout 76 (minimum):
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600k 3.5 GHz /AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz or equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 60 GB of free disk space

Fallout 76 (recommended):
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970 4GB / AMD R9 290X 4GB
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 60 GB of free disk space

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 06:33:59 pm »
Well Bethesda's launcher allowed people to pre-download the game for the beta test. An hour before the beta started, all PC versions were deleted, and now everyone has to re-download the client. Because their servers are being hammered, they throttled the download speeds. I'm at 4.26 GB of 47.67GB at 1.85MB/Sec showing 6 hours and 47 mins to complete it. Reddit is blowing up with pissed off people. They are only having the beta running today from 7PM EST to 11PM EST. Next time to play is on freaking Thursday. I'm pretty upset myself, as I was really looking forward all day to coming home and playing it tonight. It is a big disappointment.  :wtf:

People are requesting they extend the beta hours as compensation for the screw up. So far there has been no response. :(

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 08:26:22 am »
Well Bethesda's launcher allowed people to pre-download the game for the beta test. An hour before the beta started, all PC versions were deleted, and now everyone has to re-download the client. Because their servers are being hammered, they throttled the download speeds. I'm at 4.26 GB of 47.67GB at 1.85MB/Sec showing 6 hours and 47 mins to complete it. Reddit is blowing up with pissed off people. They are only having the beta running today from 7PM EST to 11PM EST. Next time to play is on freaking Thursday. I'm pretty upset myself, as I was really looking forward all day to coming home and playing it tonight. It is a big disappointment.  :wtf:

People are requesting they extend the beta hours as compensation for the screw up. So far there has been no response. :(
yep, I'm too old for that shit. I'll wait till it gets ironed out. Thank you for your service, Tesla! /salute

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 07:24:21 am »
Well I actually might get a good chunk of time in today. I'm off today, the Beta runs from 2PM EST to 11PM EST. They extended the hours for today as compensation for the day 1 screw up.
I will be sure to give a good write up on this, so everyone will be in the know.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 09:12:42 pm »
So I pretty much played all day. Took a break for dinner. Made it to level 12. The game is basically Fallout with multiplayer. They have some interesting concepts that I like.

There are world events, not sure how these trigger, may be on a timer, but they are pretty cool. I worked with a bunch of people on two of them, it was a blast. The events are locked to certain POI's. Some are timed, some are defeat waves of enemies, some are defend locations, or certain items.

PVP is consensual, basically someone can attack you, but it does very little damage, if you return fire, PVP goes into full effect, and damage is full. If you die in pvp, you only lose junk, the rest of your gear stays with you. If you steal from someone's camp, the game puts a cap bounty on you, so other players can hunt you down and kill you for caps. If you are a griefer, you get labeled a murderer, and everyone on the map can see your location, and once again, you get a bounty payment for killing the murderer. If you don't want to bother with PVP, you can fast travel away from people harassing you. PVP does not start till you are lvl 5.

The map is huge(rumor has it 4 times the size of Fallout 4's map), I only managed to maybe explore a 1/4 of it in the time I played. POI's are shown on the world map, but you actually have to travel to them to unlock them. Fast travel is in the game, you cannot fast travel when you are over encumbered. 

Weapons and Gear are level based now, so you can't equip someone with a Tesla Rifle, as you have to have the level requirement to use it. (but you can put it in your stash to use once you reach the level needed.) Crafting has a new concept. Each time you scrap a weapon or armor, you learn a new recipe for that weapon. Like a different hand grip, or barrel, or receiver, etc etc. So you don't have 10 .44 pistols laying around, you scrap them, and learn new pieces to modify the pistol. You can craft ammo in the game, so if you loot the right kind of junk, you can make bullets for your weapons.

You have to eat and drink in the game. Hunger and Thirst have adverse effects on you if left unchecked, and can kill you if you do not take care of it. It did not seem like a real chore to manage it.

You can get diseases in the game, eating spoiled or uncooked food, and just the general landscape. There are curses for them. 

Base building: You get a device called a C.A.M.P. you place this on the ground, and it basically declares that area for you. You can build a base, and if you decide you found a better place for it, you can place the C.A.M.P. at a different location, and it will move your entire base intact to the new location. I really like this, at it prevents the game world being spammed with buildings everywhere. I really did not test this out very much, as I was super excited to just roam around doing quests, and exploring new areas.

SPECIAL:  As you level up, you place points into your SPECIAL stats. You also unlock perk cards. Perks cards are an interesting twist, you can swap these out with other cards on the fly to adjust your character build. Example: You have 4 in strength, you can equip 4 level 1 perk cards, or 2 level 2 cards, or any combination adding up to four. If you pick a card you already own, you can combine it to make a level 2 card and so on. (I combined two level 1 weaponsmith cards to make a level 2 weaponsmith card, which unlocked a bunch of weapon mods I could do) Perk cards are SPECIAL related, for instance, lock picking is under the perception stat, melee combat is under Strength stat. So in order to use certain perks, you have to have points in your stats.

There is basically dragon like creatures that fly around called Scorch Beasts. They kind of look like the bat demons from conan. They are world bosses per say, as they are level 50. They have a back story to them, and they contribute to a scorched disease. There are quests revolving around them. Like find a cure for the scorched disease. For instance, when one flew over the airport, an air raid siren went off, indicating it coming near.

Some of the locations I visited were breath taking. There is a working Nuclear power plant, Nuka Cola Plant, Airport, an Army basic training base, The New River Gap Bridge, Morgantown, Charleston. I was concerned that my system would not run the game, but it actually ran pretty good. I really did not have any issues. The game engine is beautiful.

Overall, I am very happy with the game. I really can't say there is anything that I do not like about it. I'm sure I am missing something. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.