Author Topic: Ring of Elysium  (Read 650 times)

Offline Etouffee

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +30/-14
    • View Profile
Ring of Elysium
« on: September 22, 2018, 08:59:12 am »
It came out this past week. Much like PUBG it's a large arena shooter but this is set in the snow in a mountain region somewhere in the world with a lot of ski lifts.

You can pick your starting point on the map and one of 3 starting kits. One has a hang glider, one a Snowboard and one a climbing kit. The Climbing kit is really better for zip lining from area to area. Seems the Ski Area has lots of zip lines.

Quite a few weapons to fine in and around buildings on the map so always lots of firepower. Quite a few vehicles as well so if you need to the next zone fast you can.

Basically there is a type of blizzard that is coming. You have to go from area to area to avoid being frozen. In the last very small zone a Helicopter flys in and have 4 spots. You have to climb up a ladder to get in which makes it tricky if there are more then 4 people left alive.

You can play third or first person, I find the first person better :) You can also earn points to buy cosmetic changes but at this point, there is nothing really cool as far as that goes.

You can Solo, Duo or Team which I think is 4 but so far I have only been playing Solo.

If anyone wants to check it out look me up and we can team up.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/755790/Ring_of_Elysium/

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +33/-53
    • View Profile
Re: Ring of Elysium
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:11:45 am »
I played this a couple of times and was definitely an attractive gameplay to me. I'm running it off of my laptop and forced to use low graphics settings so adding a discord or anything running at the same time is pretty much out of the question. I should be getting my tower back next month though and so might be looking to hook up and play more than solo.

Offline Etouffee

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 05:04:49 am »
Cool let me know when you want to connect. They do have ingame voice. Not sure if that is any better than Discord but always an option. I have even played a few dual matches with no voice and with the q button you can mark targets so that helps the no voice issue.

Right now I am just below the top 100 in first person solo :) In the 4 matches I played yesterday I got one win and one 4 kill game which is a new benchmark for kills in a game for me.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +33/-53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 07:18:26 am »
Nice! I've managed a couple of kills and shot a few people in the 10 games I've played. Been shot off of the ladder once, finished 4th and 6th.

It's funny, this game for some reason reminds me of back when we played WWII online and I was a rifleman all of the time. Lots of running through open spaces ducking behind cover taking pot shots at people so far away that you could barely see them coupled with fast close quarter combat inside buildings where the first guy to spot the other usually gets the kill. Listening to them running around on the floor boards upstairs while you knew they were doing the same as you run around.
With the Ymir pushing you so that you are always advancing towards a heavily defended area like a base assault, or getting lucky enough to already be where the Helo is coming in so that you are sitting there know that multiple enemies could be sneaking in from any direction.
I love the realistic ballistics too. It is helpful to be able to see that hot lead moving through the air so that it is possible to actually lead your shots and they take time to reach your target. The sound of the bullets hitting near or zipping by also makes it easier to not just be confused by where the shots are coming from or whether someone is shooting at you or not. Also, as long as you have the bullet proof vest and helmet and don't get head shot you aren't dying from one shot kills either.

I definitely am loving it. Sent you a friend request as Huckleseed. We can try using Q for marking. I pulled out my headset only to find it isn't usb and I have no jack for my microphone.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:21:25 am by Rumblood »

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-91
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 08:37:39 pm »
I've been playing this game with a friend. Quite fun. I made it on the helicopter twice, once without firing a shot. Loving the Mosin-Nagant

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-91
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 01:56:00 pm »
The only problem with this game so far is that you start losing health (freezing) at -15 degrees C. I quite literally wear shorts in that weather! The game just shows how unprepared the developers are for real winter  :P