Author Topic: New Patch - Wowzers  (Read 44 times)

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +63/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
New Patch - Wowzers
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:18:34 am »
So even without the patch notes, the few minutes I was able to play over lunch was good.

The pirate ship is now the giving ship of named thralls. They said they were adjusting the spawn rate for crafters on the ship, which I thought meant lowering it, but either they screwed up or it was actually the other direction. It was a named bonanza of thralls in the one clear that I went through, 6 named! I accidentally killed the Thrallmaster, but a named thrall master popped back in his place right after!

My two-handed sword feels much more nimble. It's like they sped it up. I'm used to having to wind up with the big heavy hit on the initial swing and time it for mobs running at me (obviously that doesn't work for PvP). But it seemed noticeably faster in the pirate ship clear, and the follow-up swing also seemed faster. Not only that, but it felt like I hit just a little bit harder. With only 20 points into strength, I was still able to two-shot one of the rock beasts, where normally it took me 3+ swings. It was borderline and not 100% repeatable, but I did it twice so it's possible that they fixed one of the strength talents or something. I did it while heavily encumbered, but more testing is needed.

I also feel like my base spawned in better. It's grown big enough that I sometimes have to stand at the steps waiting for it to load before I can go inside. But I didn't encounter that this time. Now I only spent time around my base, so this could be nothing but wishful thinking, but it seemed nice.

Also see my explosion post. Walls took a lot more damage. Vaults, no change. So it seems intentional? But now it's only like 3 jars to get through a single Tier 3 wall.

I also wish I would have stocked up on more insulated wood, but at least I did make quite a bit of it recently...

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
Re: New Patch - Wowzers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:23:36 am »
Bonus if you have Khitan... all named armorers can apparently craft the flawless epic khitan armor. Or at least the 3 I've tried.

--Oscar Levant

Offline MiniTesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +10/-2
  • MiniBadass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 12:01:26 pm »
So even without the patch notes, the few minutes I was able to play over lunch was good.

The pirate ship is now the giving ship of named thralls. They said they were adjusting the spawn rate for crafters on the ship, which I thought meant lowering it, but either they screwed up or it was actually the other direction. It was a named bonanza of thralls in the one clear that I went through, 6 named! I accidentally killed the Thrallmaster, but a named thrall master popped back in his place right after!

My two-handed sword feels much more nimble. It's like they sped it up. I'm used to having to wind up with the big heavy hit on the initial swing and time it for mobs running at me (obviously that doesn't work for PvP). But it seemed noticeably faster in the pirate ship clear, and the follow-up swing also seemed faster. Not only that, but it felt like I hit just a little bit harder. With only 20 points into strength, I was still able to two-shot one of the rock beasts, where normally it took me 3+ swings. It was borderline and not 100% repeatable, but I did it twice so it's possible that they fixed one of the strength talents or something. I did it while heavily encumbered, but more testing is needed.

I also feel like my base spawned in better. It's grown big enough that I sometimes have to stand at the steps waiting for it to load before I can go inside. But I didn't encounter that this time. Now I only spent time around my base, so this could be nothing but wishful thinking, but it seemed nice.

Also see my explosion post. Walls took a lot more damage. Vaults, no change. So it seems intentional? But now it's only like 3 jars to get through a single Tier 3 wall.

I also wish I would have stocked up on more insulated wood, but at least I did make quite a bit of it recently...

Ill vouch, initial (greatsword at least) swinging animation is faster, insulated wood now requires oil as well, if you're using obsidian, you're going to hate your life because now you must go to the volcanic forge with steel and combine raw obsidian and steel to make composite obsidian to repair or craft some tools/weapons. I'll tweak this as i find more.

I'm Tesla's son, so I, innately, am at least 50% badass.

Offline MiniTesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +10/-2
  • MiniBadass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 12:04:14 pm »
This could be just me, but my non-crafting station thralls keep falling through my floor.

I figured out that it happens when I dismantle something. I can replace the block with another of a higher tier, but I cant dismantle it first otherwise they fall through
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:49:18 pm by MiniTesla »

I'm Tesla's son, so I, innately, am at least 50% badass.

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 12:09:02 pm »
This could be just me, but my non-crafting station thralls keep falling through my floor

I will have to check mine. I noticed I spawned into my base initially embedded into my floor, so it's possible they did something to that. But my base is nearly all at "ground level", so I'll have to check the archers in the towers when I get home late tonight.

--Oscar Levant