Longer nights

15 mins
1 (10%)
5 mins
4 (40%)
10 mins
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Make the nights umm nightyer.  (Read 107 times)

Offline Belldark

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • super noob
  • Kudos: +5/-4
  • noob
    • View Profile
Make the nights umm nightyer.
« on: June 07, 2018, 01:06:30 am »
I say we have longer nights to make people camp and to prepare for the night when your going out.  It also puts hair on your chest and yes lady chest hair is kinda hot.

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +123/-113
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Re: Make the nights umm nightyer.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:44:35 am »
My only problem is that it is hard to get anything done at night so a lot of the time you just end up waiting it out. I fear that it could get pretty boring if it were taking too long.

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +61/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 11:11:46 am »
I'm OK with it being longer. I agree that it generally is a lot of "waiting" though. Not very exciting to sit around waiting in my house because I ran out of some material and it's too dark to see to collect more.

Plus I like my greatsword. Can't use a torch and a greatsword, so I'm very hindered at night. Or my daggers, which is the same problem. Yes, I could use a one-handed weapon, but what's the point of night if I'm just going to have it lit up with a torch? Other than making me easy to spot for gankers I mean.

Still, I do like the idea of a little bit longer night. 15 minutes is probably overkill though. 5 seems reasonable, but I probably could live with 10. Makes living in the desert nicer where you can see 24-7 though.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline Etouffee

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +28/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 04:51:51 pm »
I like longer nights. I think it makes you have to plan for them and not just wait it out. Learn to work at night, use torches and all of that. I would say though that the day should be lengthened as well. Longer day and longer night.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 06:48:09 am »
Nights are the devil. Try playing this game with your mic in your pants, and the toll of the years of masturbation base eye damage.

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +61/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 08:19:14 am »
Nights are the devil. Try playing this game with your mic in your pants, and the toll of the years of masturbation base eye damage.

I'm continually struck by Bannta being the most vocal about night, while living in the desert. When I'm working in the desert, night time is bright enough to read a book! Doesn't even give me pause to run around at night. Moving to the frozen north or volcano at night though... makes me want to carry a 1H sword around just so I can continue to use a torch and fight.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 05:20:32 pm »

I'm continually struck by Bannta being the most vocal about night, while living in the desert. When I'm working in the desert, night time is bright enough to read a book! Doesn't even give me pause to run around at night. Moving to the frozen north or volcano at night though... makes me want to carry a 1H sword around just so I can continue to use a torch and fight.

Daggers you can't use your torch...and a mic in your pants

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis