Author Topic: Any recommendations for wireless Gaming mice?  (Read 366 times)

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
Any recommendations for wireless Gaming mice?
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:25:42 pm »
Been using a Microsoft sidewinder x8 for a long time now but sadly it's switch on the left & right mouse buttons are messing up (single click more often then not gives a double instead) and I can't seem to find any info on if it's possible to replace them. Been looking around and all the other Siderwidder owners I've talk to have basically told I'm crap out of luck in find a decent replacement mouse from another company.

So anyone got any recommendations for wireless Gaming mice? Preferable that uses recharge AA?

Seem all the ones I've been looking at to possible buy all use damn lithium polymer based battery that you have to babysit like a 2 year or you'll damage the battery. Can't use it much or you'll damage it, can't fully charge it with out damaging it. They also all only offer like 24-30 hours of batter life out of them, I get like 50+ hours out of Sidewinder with a single rechargeable AA.

Was looking at a Logitech G603 but seem lots a review say it's died on them quick, and it's suppose to use normal AA so no idea if it'll work with AA rechargeable.

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +121/-113
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Re: Any recommendations for wireless Gaming mice?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 01:11:17 pm »
I'd pry go with the Logitech or Razer. Probably go with the most expensive gaming mouse that you can afford from either of those two companies.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:46:58 pm »
Logitech G700 is a really nice mouse...and comes with keymapping software. I would suggest getting both a Logitech keyboard as well as the keymapping software works great. I used a G110 keyboard

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 04:48:54 am »
Was looking at the g700 and the new g700s sadly Logitech has stopped making them so I can get only get one from a 3rd party sell on newegg, which I simple don't trust. Also means if the mouse has issues and Logitech has no stock of them (seem to be a common problem) like other people have run into I'd be waiting 5 week for them to "fix" it. Seem unlike video card company that if you product is under warranty and you card dies they just give you a new equivalent if they don't have your model anymore Logitech simple refuses to do that.

And sadly besides the g603 all of Logitech mice now use the non-replaceable(at least easily) lithium polymer batteries. In fact all the current mice I found from other companies are the same damn way. You ether have to micro manage charging the mouse and try to not damage the battery and hop it last through a gaming session or pay $100-150 more for their damn wireless charging mouse pads. Had this same damn problem when my last Logitech mx700 died. Wish all these damn companies would quit it with making a really good product, then stop producing to only replace it with crappy product. Microsoft even just stop making gaming mice all together.  :bashhead:

Just want a damn good wireless mouse that I can just pickup and take to work with me like I do my sidewinder. don't want to have to carry 3 other products with me as well encase it runs out of charge and I need to plug it in. At this point I might just say screw it at grab the g603, seem other people are use with AA rechargeable, though it seem to be cheaply made.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:55:00 am by StarDruid »

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 10:55:40 pm »
K I ended up getting a g602 instead, it's older but still on the Logitech site as possible buy, and better quality and uses AA. Normally $79 but newegg had it 51% off, which could mean Logitech is going to put a new version out and Newegg is trying to get rid of them but oh well it's a good sell. Only cost me $44 for it and 3 year plan on it encase Logitech is a butt and doesn't support the warranty. The plan will even give the full price of the item back if they can't repair it or replace it. Heard they can have issue with mouse buttons going out but they use OMRON switches so if nothing else 4-5 years down the line when out of coverage and they die I can just take up a new hobby, get a soldiering kit and replace them myself.

And at that price if I find a better mouse 2-3 months down the line when I build my new system I'll just store it away as a back up. Think about it I might see how much a soldiering kit is and if I can repair my MS sidewinder myself as another backup.

Edit: Think logitech is coming out with a new one, nearly every where I look the G602 is on sale for 51-52% off. Think everyone is liquidating them before the new model hits. Oh well if I like it and the new model comes out I could just buy the new one later since I got this on so cheap.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:06:27 pm by StarDruid »

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +121/-113
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:48:24 am »
can't beat that price.

Offline Etouffee

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +28/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 03:36:18 pm »
I had a 602, in fact I think I bought a second one thinking my first one went on the fritz but turned out it was the mouse. Keep sputtering and disconnecting. Ended up with a wired Razor and I love it.

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +59/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 07:19:17 am »
I switched back to a wired mouse a couple of years ago because of "lag" and disconnect at times which was hurting my LEET FPS skillz.
(SOL) Navy

Offline Twinky

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +20/-18
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 08:09:31 am »
I went back to a g700, I ordered from newegg yesterday because my razer mouse decided to die randomly and my old g700 still works but I use it on my work pc now.
I'll try anything once and do it again for fun.

Always out numbered. Never out gunned.
Twitch: TwinkyGTV
Twitter: @BigNopes
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigtxn

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +67/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 12:08:17 pm »
Does Steelseries make a mouse?  I love all their stuff, keyboards, headsets, great quality.

[EDIT] Answered my own question.  https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:09:53 pm by alphie »

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 12:35:24 am »
Had no problems with the G602 so far, but it uses the same wireless tech as my Sidewinder so didn't expect any interference to happen before I bought it. Plus i finally found what switches my Sidewinder uses, only like $7 for 10 of them and with a soldiering kit ($25) it's actual easy to replace them. So going to do that so I will have my old sidewinder as backup in case something happen with my G602, since it has a 3 year warranty. If it break I can just send it in for repairs and use the sidewinder as backup. Plus if the buttons go out on the G602 after the warranty it's only $5 for like 10 of it's switches so can replace them as well in the future. So unless something major happens and it dies out right won't be needing a new mouse for another 7-10 years lol.