Author Topic: Fighters and other things  (Read 598 times)

Offline SKilly

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +10/-4
  • Surly
    • View Profile
Fighters and other things
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:02:13 pm »
So, after throwing money at this a couple years ago and then looking away (barely peeking back at it), I was thinking about getting in and kicking the tires.

I have an F-7CM Super Hornet as my fighter-craft.  Is it any good?  What are some of the fighting ships you people are enjoying?  I am pondering buying a new gaming rig for my birthday perhaps and seeing how this all really flies as opposed to the medium setting and stutter of my 4 year old machine.

Also I have a Constellation and Addy has a Firefly, eh I mean Freelancer for Cargo/General Purpose use.  Are those utilized much in the current state of the game?

SKilly
(SOL) Navy

Offline Milkman

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +6/-3
  • Long live Quantar!
    • View Profile
    • MHOC
Re: Fighters and other things
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:02:37 pm »
The hornet is a great dogfighter, and shines well in the current state of the game.  Its good within "arena commander" and the "Persistant Universe".

Both the conie and frelancer sort of work in the PU.  But all the multi crew ships are prone to bugs and odd things when flying with friends.  While a good time can be had with friends, don't expect any serious gameplay to work out as you will just get frustrated when people randomly get stuck, or doors stop working, or the ship just suddenly flys off the pad when you bump it walking, etc, etc...

The new 'Star Marine' is also a fun FPS so far.  Not many maps, but the feel is good and zero g combat in space can be fun. 

www.mhoc.net
-Milkman

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +119/-112
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Re: Fighters and other things
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 07:20:11 pm »
I also have the super hornet. Great fighter. Get in, do some missions, play some FPS. It's all great. It doesn't have enough content yet to keep you interested for more than a few months, but I think 3.0 will start to change all that.
Also, I believe Squadron 44 is on the horizon.