Author Topic: Intresting game in development call Planet Explorers  (Read 1562 times)

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
Intresting game in development call Planet Explorers
« on: July 27, 2013, 11:45:31 am »
Found this a few days ago while explore the net. See like an action adventure/exploration game with custom Base/weapon/vehicle building as well.
http://planetexplorers.pathea.net/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129199308

It's in development so like the early days of minecraft the maps are small. 9X17km for story mode, and Sandbox/Multiplayer etc are limited to 256x256m and 512x512m map at the moment. They says preceduraly generated maps are coming for sandbox and multplayer. Looks like also have a system that lets you build custom vehicles, weapons etc.

While most of the video are 3rd person looks like it does offer first person, thouhg the forums say it's not working total correctly and people have to jump back to third to get mouse-UI interactions.

Could be interesting, though it doesn't seem to have the ability to actual destroy terrain/dig mines etc that minecraft has.

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline IceGhost

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-42
  • Everyone's Favorite Frozen Treat
    • View Profile
Re: Intresting game in development call Planet Explorers
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »
Could be interesting, though it doesn't seem to have the ability to actual destroy terrain/dig mines etc that minecraft has.
It's not like Minecraft!?  Blasphemy!!  I don't even know how you can consider this game, Star if it doesn't give you the option to dig and play in the dirt.

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 04:09:33 pm »
It's not like Minecraft!?  Blasphemy!!  I don't even know how you can consider this game, Star if it doesn't give you the option to dig and play in the dirt.

LOL that what I look for in a game anymore, can I tear down mountains and put a base there, build a massive complex in the ground, or at the very least blow that mountain up, if not then I'm no really interested. No point in having massive worlds or procedurally generated terrain if all you can do it look at it and never interact or change it.

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline Rico

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +22/-12
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:03:42 am »
The video looks pretty cool on the steam site.  It showed the terrain "sink" when she was digging, but there didn't seem to be any craters from weapon damage and things like that.