Author Topic: Torment Tides of Numenera is out!  (Read 432 times)

Offline biteme

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +15/-8
  • noob
    • View Profile
Re: Torment Tides of Numenera is out!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 12:03:30 pm »
ahh, 4 mb of RAM. I remember the first time i upgraded from 512K to 4 mb, and sliced my thumb open on one of the sharp sheet metal pieces of the old cases...

Yah, the good ol' days right Pyl?!

I bet it didn't hurt nearly as much as upgrading from 3.5k to 8k RAM on your Vic-20 and realizing all of the internal memory addresses you had memorized had just been remapped. Doh!

Vic 20 !! that was my first computer, spent a chunk of a day learning how to program it to draw a circle. I then marveled at my beautiful circle, turned it off and it all went away, no storage......I'm so old.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +33/-53
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 11:49:06 pm »
ahh, 4 mb of RAM. I remember the first time i upgraded from 512K to 4 mb, and sliced my thumb open on one of the sharp sheet metal pieces of the old cases...

I bet it didn't hurt nearly as much as upgrading from 3.5k to 8k RAM on your Vic-20 and realizing all of the internal memory addresses you had memorized had just been remapped. Doh!

Vic 20 !! that was my first computer, spent a chunk of a day learning how to program it to draw a circle. I then marveled at my beautiful circle, turned it off and it all went away, no storage......I'm so old.
Ha! It was my first too. I got pretty adept at re-entering the code to make a ball bounce across the screen myself   :nerd:

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 07:03:08 am »

Ha! It was my first too. I got pretty adept at re-entering the code to make a ball bounce across the screen myself   :nerd:

My parent won a Timex Sinclair at a time share thing which hooked up to a black and white TV where I learn to program basic variables. Got an IBM PC jr where I when to town programming basic. Made my own Rogue game where you could go up and down the stairs, saving each level (the original you could only go down).

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis