Author Topic: Apple Lovers - New Macbook Pro  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Horns

• Administrator
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +19/-13
  • noob
    • View Profile
Apple Lovers - New Macbook Pro
« on: December 14, 2016, 02:41:41 pm »
I sure like how your new macbook pro has a fancy new touch bar.  That is cute.  My surface book has one too but it is the entire screen.

:poo storm:

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +119/-112
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Re: Apple Lovers - New Macbook Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 02:56:02 pm »
I sure like how your new macbook pro has a fancy new touch bar.  That is cute.  My surface book has one too but it is the entire screen.

We don't allow apple enthusiasts into (SOL) Navy.

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +58/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:13:06 pm »

PC all the way, but we do have iPhones and iPads. 
(SOL) Navy

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 05:22:25 pm »

I guess that's ok since you aren't cool enough to handle windows phones and surface products :D

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:18:31 am »
Lol their new macbook is anything but "pro". It's stas are pathetic and memory is un-upgradeable, so much so it is soldered to the motherboard.

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-91
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 07:54:30 am »
Lol their new macbook is anything but "pro". It's stas are pathetic and memory is un-upgradeable, so much so it is soldered to the motherboard.
Soldered memory has become pretty much the usual in thinner devices. My low-end laptop has no CD drive and half the memory is soldered.
And the surface has soldered memory too.
I'm not intending to support apple here though. Just saying that's not a "feature" that is unique to them.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 08:51:40 am »

This smutt talk is making Bannta randy! keep on talking about i stuff and Bannta will post a picture of what is in Bannta's iHAND.

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline Teka

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +70/-63
  • Mischief Managed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 06:08:51 pm »
Nobody loves apple. If they think they do, they don't know shiz.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +33/-53
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:59 pm »

I guess that's ok since you aren't cool enough to handle windows phones and surface products :D

Hey Pyl, you know I love the surface too, but I pretty much use my Pro 4 as my art tablet exclusively now. Check out the Lenovo line of 2-in-1's for a strong competitor. In fact, Microsoft made the Surface to spur innovation and that's exactly what we got with the Yoga line of Lenovo. You can get an i7 processor, 16GB RAM, GTX960 video card and a 15 inch screen for $999. That is the best price point I'm seeing in the industry and by far. Also, it is the keyboard being solid and able to fold 180 degrees that makes it feel better for lots of typing. And while their Pro Pen falls to 3rd behind #1 Samsung S-Pen and #2 Surface Pro Pen, it isn't that far behind at all. But it makes up some ground by charging inside the laptop. Takes like 15 seconds for a 2 hour charge. No shnizzle  :excited:

Offline biteme

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +15/-8
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 12:15:58 pm »

I switched to android because the cost on Verizon was stupid. Using google's project fi service which is great but I miss my windows phone so bad. Android OS is a complete mess compared to windows IMHO

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 09:47:04 am »

Yeah, the Lenovo laptops and 2 in 1's are very nice. I approve.

I switched to android because the cost on Verizon was stupid. Using google's project fi service which is great but I miss my windows phone so bad. Android OS is a complete mess compared to windows IMHO

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 09:48:12 am »

I'm still hanging in there. I like Windows 10 mobile way better than android and I'd never even consider getting IOS. If I were to switch, I'd go back to android.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 02:39:01 pm »

I go both ways..

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis