Author Topic: Destiny 2 on Battle.net  (Read 574 times)

Offline IceGhost

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-42
  • Everyone's Favorite Frozen Treat
    • View Profile
Destiny 2 on Battle.net
« on: May 18, 2017, 02:37:47 pm »

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
Re: Destiny 2 on Battle.net
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:26:12 am »
Yeah, glad #2 is coming to the PC. Wanted to play the first but I don't own any newer consoles, PlayStation 2 is the last one I ever bought.

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +60/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 07:03:31 am »
Yeah, glad #2 is coming to the PC. Wanted to play the first but I hate consoles

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +119/-112
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 06:31:27 pm »
I bought the original for my xbox one but sucked at fps with a controller so badly that I never play it.

Offline Twinky

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +20/-18
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 07:25:39 am »
Being an active player on XB1, I don't think it will do well on PC. PC players will plow through the campaign it like its nothing (not that story was ever a big thing) and I imagine the PvP will be a joke and overall time better spent in battlefield or COD where player count is more entertaining.
I'll try anything once and do it again for fun.

Always out numbered. Never out gunned.
Twitch: TwinkyGTV
Twitter: @BigNopes
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigtxn

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 07:54:16 pm »
Not really wrong, only games I like on consoles are RPG, and not willing to pay teh money for new console every few years when I can go 4-8 years between upgrades on PC. So in many ways i do hate consoles.

Being an active player on XB1, I don't think it will do well on PC. PC players will plow through the campaign it like its nothing (not that story was ever a big thing) and I imagine the PvP will be a joke and overall time better spent in battlefield or COD where player count is more entertaining.

Won't be a issue for me, I'm still level 41 in FF14. Takes me a long time to get through content any more. Sure I might possible get to play 8 hours a night a work but it has to be game I can get up and leave at any time if a client wakes up and needs my help or I have to do scheduled lifechecks on them. Means MMO are general out of the question, So I tend to spend my shift watching video and/or play minecraft or single player games with cleaning, lifechecks, and paperwork mixed in.  In the end Weekends are my only time to play MMOs of any kind, and that's mostly spent playing PlanetSide 2. If I play destiny 2 I'll be still working on the original game when their releasing the 3rd expansion.

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline Twinky

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +20/-18
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 08:47:45 am »
Won't be a issue for me, I'm still level 41 in FF14. Takes me a long time to get through content any more. Sure I might possible get to play 8 hours a night a work but it has to be game I can get up and leave at any time if a client wakes up and needs my help or I have to do scheduled lifechecks on them. Means MMO are general out of the question, So I tend to spend my shift watching video and/or play minecraft or single player games with cleaning, lifechecks, and paperwork mixed in.  In the end Weekends are my only time to play MMOs of any kind, and that's mostly spent playing PlanetSide 2. If I play destiny 2 I'll be still working on the original game when their releasing the 3rd expansion.
You'll probably get by just fine then. You won't be able to pause, but finding stopping points should be pretty easy. Strike missions are usually 10-15 minutes and once you get used to them you'll know when its a good time to start one or not. Nightfall missions are about 30 minutes, but you'll probably only do one 3 times a week (assuming 1 a week for 3 characters), nightfall missions are just strikes but harder. The trick will be getting Raids done, but I imagine you'd save those for your day off. Other wise you'll be grinding patrols solo to level up your classes after you're done with story campaign.

Only reason I said something is really the big draw is raids (6 man only) and PvP (4v4 only in the new game).
I'll try anything once and do it again for fun.

Always out numbered. Never out gunned.
Twitch: TwinkyGTV
Twitter: @BigNopes
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigtxn

Offline Tschantz

• super noob
  • Kudos: +0/-0
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 05:15:50 am »
Destiny 1 was pretty repetitive imo. I hope #2 has more stuff to do.