Author Topic: Well Landmark is up on the chopping block.  (Read 302 times)

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
Well Landmark is up on the chopping block.
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:01:20 am »
Well looks like landmark is up on the chopping block up beside Asheron's call 1 & 2. Daybreak is closing it down on February 21. Turbine is shutting down Asheron's call 1 and 2 on January 31, and already have/or are in the process of breaking off  LOTRO and DDO to a new Development company, Standing Stone Games (same dev staff just a new independent indie company), with Daybreak act as their publisher. Probably why daybreak killed landmark, it never went anywhere with Everquest Next killed and they need to people to handle publishing of DDO and LOTRo online.

edit here one link for the Pc gamer article, others out there if you want to search for them
http://www.pcgamer.com/turbine-moves-mmos-to-new-studio-asherons-call-is-closing-down/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:04:50 am by StarDruid »

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +62/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
Re: Well Landmark is up on the chopping block.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 06:41:45 am »
Whew!  When I first read your post I thought you were saying Daybreak was closing, but Daybreak is taking them over.  Which as a PS2 player, makes me feel good.

Yesterday, a newly formed studio called Standing Stone Games revealed that it has acquired Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online, and that global publishing duties, previously handled by Turbine parent Warner Bros. Interactive, are being taken over by Daybreak Games.