Author Topic: I am so stoked...  (Read 1510 times)

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +62/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
I am so stoked...
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:00:44 am »

This game really is amazing.  It just keeps getting better and better.

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +59/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
Re: I am so stoked...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:23:26 pm »
Guy I work with has been playing this and talked it up too. I probably should get around to logging in and checking it out once more. Last time I did I think was when you convinced me to give it another whirl and I actually figured out how to scout things and sell my data.

They have "wings" or whatever they are called now I heard... got a SN one setup, or are they only persistent while people are logged in?

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +62/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 05:27:13 am »
Guy I work with has been playing this and talked it up too. I probably should get around to logging in and checking it out once more. Last time I did I think was when you convinced me to give it another whirl and I actually figured out how to scout things and sell my data.

They have "wings" or whatever they are called now I heard... got a SN one setup, or are they only persistent while people are logged in?

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Wings

Maximum of four ships either player or NPC.  One thing about ED is it is not JG.   It's more PvP/PvE with limited co-op tools.  I think they missed the mark in that regard, but the original Elite was single player only and they were originally trying to make an updated version of that game.  The purist were upset about wings being added, but there has been a huge outcry for better co-op  and guilding tools.  So I wouldn't be surprised to see it roll along after the stuff currently on the development calendar, like Horizons, which is coming out in a few weeks...

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +59/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:13 am »
Thanks for the link! Useful stuff there. I don't get around to reading enough stuff about this game, which means I always feel lost when I try to go play it...

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant