Author Topic: Black Mesa  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
Black Mesa
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:51:48 pm »
remake on half life 1. Pretty dam good.

Took me a bit to install and to get it two show up on Steams Library...have to said pretty dam good.

Soldiers voices could be better...other than that, nice very long rpg puzzle death game.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Thumb up RBeen

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-91
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
Re: Black Mesa
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:19:57 pm »
Glad to hear you like it! I finally beat my irrational fear of sharks and got to the point where you get knocked out by the assassins. How far are you?

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:28:10 pm »
Glad to hear you like it! I finally beat my irrational fear of sharks and got to the point where you get knocked out by the assassins. How far are you?

pass the ninjas and somewhere in between the dam

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline IceGhost

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-42
  • Everyone's Favorite Frozen Treat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 05:15:15 am »
How is this an RPG?  It's just a remake of Half-Life, right?

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 05:39:02 am »
I think it got Bannta-sorted... because you are right, it's a fairly faithful remake of half-life meaning it's an FPS.

Offline Crucible

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +33/-21
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • (SOL) Navy
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 06:16:37 am »
Quote from: IceGhost
It's just a remake of Half-Life, right?
The original release of Half-Life Source was a lame attempt to re-release HL1 with some source features, so BM took it upon themselves to rebuild HL1 to rival HL2 in every regard. They've been working on this for some years. I actually gave up hope they'd even finish it but I'm glad they did.

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him. -- GK Chesterton

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 06:42:41 am »
The original release of Half-Life Source was a lame attempt to re-release HL1 with some source features, so BM took it upon themselves to rebuild HL1 to rival HL2 in every regard. They've been working on this for some years. I actually gave up hope they'd even finish it but I'm glad they did.
"finish" It's still not done... they got everything up to Xen done and then released it, it's unclear when the rest will be released (or if it will be paid or not)

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 06:44:22 am »
I think it got Bannta-sorted... because you are right, it's a fairly faithful remake of half-life meaning it's an FPS.

you have choices where you can kill the employees or not...i usually do ...therefore in my eyes it is a RPG.

Offline Crucible

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • dedicated
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • (SOL) Navy
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 07:07:28 am »
"finish" It's still not done... they got everything up to Xen done and then released it, it's unclear when the rest will be released (or if it will be paid or not)
Ok true, I guess what I should have said was I'm glad they released something playable, rather than it becoming vaporware :P

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him. -- GK Chesterton

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 09:08:13 am »
Just got through trip mine city... who's bright idea was it to put mines in a missile storage yard?

Offline Kenada

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +89/-109
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

you have choices where you can kill the employees or not...i usually do ...therefore in my eyes it is a RPG.

In pong you have a choice of hitting the ball or letting it go past your paddle. Probably my favorite RPG of all time.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 03:42:36 pm »

In pong you have a choice of hitting the ball or letting it go past your paddle. Probably my favorite RPG of all time.

Agree... it depends on how you pet the sheep.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »
side note: I finish the last task where you jump into the portal 

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 06:08:56 pm »
Side note?? That's the most on topic you've been yet! :P

Offline Crucible

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • dedicated
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • (SOL) Navy
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 06:06:53 pm »
Side note?? That's the most on topic you've been yet! :P
lmao