Author Topic: Landmark alpha starts now!  (Read 7606 times)

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
Re: Landmark alpha starts now!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 08:45:23 pm »
Every time I have logged in it has said "no active servers."  How do I know where you guys are?
servers are down right now.
we are on Courage server - headland continent. from the warp gate run due east to the edge of the continent then run south along the edge for about a quarter mile and you'll start to see SN members claims.

after hitting the east side of the continent, head south you will come across a small mountain/hill with a three to four story building at the foot of it. To the west of that building on the hill is where we start (I'm directly across from that building and everyone is south of me.  I try to get a screenshot of the map area to post when the servers come back up.

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 09:49:06 am »
Every time I have logged in it has said "no active servers."  How do I know where you guys are?
servers are down right now.
we are on Courage server - headland continent. from the warp gate run due east to the edge of the continent then run south along the edge for about a quarter mile and you'll start to see SN members claims.

after hitting the east side of the continent, head south you will come across a small mountain/hill with a three to four story building at the foot of it. To the west of that building on the hill is where we start (I'm directly across from that building and everyone is south of me.  I try to get a screenshot of the map area to post when the servers come back up.

seeing that all structures are gone...when you get the hill look west for "SOL" dirt sign with torches on both side.

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +33/-53
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:35 am »
Okay, I'm really close to where I think I should be. I'm not seeing your sign, not sure if I'm at the right hill. I saw "Belmont's" claim at the edge. Any idea which claim to strike west from?

Offline LyonHart

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-36
  • The Dark Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 09:22:15 am »
Tried to log in last night to go stake a claim and Courage server was locked.  Pissed. 

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +120/-113
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:14 am »
Tried to log in last night to go stake a claim and Courage server was locked.  Pissed.
so far it's been down more often than it's been up. welcome to alpha.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 09:31:27 am »
It is open right now, at medium pop, but I'm still having trouble finding any SOL claims. I think I found the small mountain and am heading west. I don't see that SOL dirt sign with torches though. I'm on TS now if anyone is around!

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 09:53:58 am »
Well, as I tried to just plant my flag in that general area and quickly found that it was impossible, I made my quest to simply find a place to build. So I'm on the East edge of the map near you, about half a mile down from the center, about 1/3 of a mile west of the edge. Close enough I reckon. Now time to gather and build!!  :excited:

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 09:55:50 am »
Well, as I tried to just plant my flag in that general area and quickly found that it was impossible, I made my quest to simply find a place to build. So I'm on the East edge of the map near you, about half a mile down from the center, about 1/3 of a mile west of the edge. Close enough I reckon. Now time to gather and build!!  :excited:
sounds like your in the general vicinity. bannta's sign got wiped with last nights patch.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 10:01:58 am »
I'm digging it.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 10:39:19 am »
Okay, if you are looking for my plot, it is on the side of a mountain with a big granite wall with the letters SN spelled out in copper blocks  :sn_troops:

Offline LyonHart

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-36
  • The Dark Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 11:00:30 am »
Thanks, Bloodless.  I will look for you.  I gave you a wave for your help. 

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 11:36:22 am »
Here's an actual helpful hint. Numlock is autorun. Also hold down the left mouse button is as good as clicking over and again. I wish there was an auto-hold left click. :smile:

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 12:29:56 pm »
Here's an actual helpful hint. Numlock is autorun. Also hold down the left mouse button is as good as clicking over and again. I wish there was an auto-hold left click. :smile:
they are working on an 'autoharvest' option.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 12:45:36 pm »
they are working on an 'autoharvest' option.

Very cool  :smile:

In other news, I logged off for lunch, came back and I had 0 claims and my claim tool back again. However I know what I'm doing now (roughly), so it shouldn't take me as long this time.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:18 pm »
So after losing my claim, I discovered that I wasn't even on headland before, so that's why I couldn't find you (the teleporter that shows you the continents wasn't working for me the first time). So I went to the portal and logged because I had to go. Logged back in and went to headland. Ran to the east side and got my claim flag.....and it wasn't there. My claim was back. So I ran back to the portal and logged. Came back in to find both my claim and my claim flag both gone. Patch was in 30 minutes so I logged. Came back and my claim was back, so I deleted it and got my claim flag back again. Now I'm back in headland on the east side looking for you guys again. So now that structures are staying, is there a helpful pointer to the SN claim sites? Any help, thanks much.