• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +84/-77
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
SKyrim
« on: January 24, 2014, 01:59:57 pm »
I see a few peep are playing it on steam. Wondering if you are running mods and if so what kinds?

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +58/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
Re: SKyrim
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:04:12 pm »
I see a few peep are playing it on steam. Wondering if you are running mods and if so what kinds?

No mods here.  I'm about 4 years behind on new games so I'm just enjoying the regular play through with DLC.  It is a very fun game. 
(SOL) Navy

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +36/-31
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 03:11:37 pm »
I have the build your own house mods, realistic water, fire, and blood.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:28:51 pm »
I have the build your own house mods, realistic water, fire, and blood.

Hmmm i'll have too load the realistic stuff. I got a few house, fort and a manor like castle. I added some mods to improve my female character look.

I'm about level 32

"Strike me down with it! Give into your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant....wait?! I was just kidd...." ~ Quote Darth Plagueis

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +36/-31
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 09:03:49 pm »
Skyrim is an awesome game. What makes it better is all the mods you can install.

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +65/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 09:24:07 am »
I have Skyrim, but it runs too cluncky on my "gaming laptop", even with everything turned down.  I haven't been able to get past the very first part where you are a prisoner and the dragon comes when you are about to be executed.  I will have to wait until I build my gaming rig when my tax return comes back in order to play it.  All the videos look cool, so I am anxiously awaiting my play time on it.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 11:43:03 am »
I have Skyrim, but it runs too cluncky on my "gaming laptop", even with everything turned down.  I haven't been able to get past the very first part where you are a prisoner and the dragon comes when you are about to be executed.  I will have to wait until I build my gaming rig when my tax return comes back in order to play it.  All the videos look cool, so I am anxiously awaiting my play time on it.

When i star off my character is was so chunky i didn't bother with what my character looked like. fixed that last week using console command....now she hot

wearing
Daedric Corset(light)
Daedric  Evil Eagle Gauntlets(light)
Daedric Evil White Boots(light)
Slick Demon Wings
Slick Spike Heavy Tiara(heavy)

I got a ring and a necklace of 44 to health and Resistance 41% each...only because it's seem the npc's preferred choice of weapon is cold base.(did the iron dagger deal to get my armor skills up to 100 and then enchantments them to get my enchant to like 75). Don't want to tell you how hard it is to get a hold of Daedric hearts till i found out i could buy them from Enthir at the mage college

mods:

Rorikstead Castle <-- the screen shots are take here
Dynamic Fires <--allow you to set campfire on fire, not much else it think
Detailed Rugs
Bones and Skeletons Retexture by Andre7890
Let It Shine <--makes your mage light brighter
Faster Vanilla Horses
Horse Armors
Wyvern Rock Castle <--it very nice however it can't find my way around, prolly disable it
Younger Breton Females <--takes away the wrinkly brow on my character
Female NPC Animation Micro-Fix <---not sure if it is working or not
Daedric Corset <--wearing it
West Ninja <--follower - it loaded but i haven't done anything with it yet
Daedric Evil Eagle Armor <--wearing it
Q Ninja <--follower - it loaded but i haven't done anything with it yet
Better looking Lydia_don 't steal kill 's_CBBE-Edition <--follower - she wearing the angle winds behind me
"Better Females by Bella" - Makeup Type 3 <--follower - it loaded but i haven't done anything with it yet
Follower: Susan Freecark <--follower - it loaded but i haven't done anything with it yet
Fetish Armour Collection <--wearing the demon wings and the Tiara, the other stuff would be too much
Better Towns Textures
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM Part 4
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM Part 3
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM Part 2
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM Part 1
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM Part 5
Pickpocket Tree Revamp: 100% chance cap.
Angelic Alliance Pack <--follower wearing the wings
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:56:56 am by Bannta »

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +60/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 01:46:52 pm »
Skyrim was the first game in the series I ever actually played. I thought it was pretty rockin' at first and was having a blast. Then I broke the game.

I started armorsmithing to see what the next set of cool armor looked like. Just kept upgrading it. Since I had all this armor lying around, I started using it for enchanting as well. I discovered maxed out armorsmithing and maxed out enchanting is not quite what the game was expecting. After killing the story boss with one swing of my sword, I sorta got bored.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline IceGhost

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-42
  • Everyone's Favorite Frozen Treat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 05:15:49 pm »
Yeah, that's one of the few problems with Elder Scrolls games.  You are free to do whatever you want, so that means you are free to just grind crafting skills and make yourself heavily OP.

I've had a ton of fun with the game as well.  My first character was a nord dual-wielding warrior that could turn into a werewolf.  It was fun going into a bandit stronghold as a werewolf and shredding the inhabitants as they ran and cowered in terror.

My second character was a breton assassin.  It's great fun sneaking up on people and slitting their throats.  However, I went the route of being a vampire with her, and being a vampire just isn't as much fun as being a werewolf in my opinion.

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 09:23:19 pm »
Reading the customer reviews...LOL

Rob║n
276 products in account
1 review

Recommended
3,001.0 hrs on record
Ruined my life. Five stars.
Posted: December 18th, 2013

Offline IceGhost

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »

Rob║n
276 products in account
1 review

Recommended
3,001.0 hrs on record
LOL!  And I thought I played it a lot at 343 hours.

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 06:06:06 am »

Rob║n
276 products in account
1 review

Recommended
3,001.0 hrs on record

This game is a major time sink.  It is amazing how many hours you can invest and still not have achieved very much in game.
(SOL) Navy

Offline Bannta

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • pro user
  • Got Sheep?
    • View Profile
    • Sheephole
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 06:13:44 am »

Rob║n
276 products in account
1 review

Recommended
3,001.0 hrs on record

This game is a major time sink.  It is amazing how many hours you can invest and still not have achieved very much in game.

I got so many quest stacked up i don't know what to do with myself....you get alot of A.D.D in the game when you come across a new dungeon or hole in the ground.

My 1000 something hours is mostly from my middle son playing it when it first came out.

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 06:20:47 am »

Rob║n
276 products in account
1 review

Recommended
3,001.0 hrs on record

I got so many quest stacked up i don't know what to do with myself....you get alot of A.D.D in the game when you come across a new dungeon or hole in the ground.

My 1000 something hours is mostly from my middle son playing it when it first came out.

I was surprised by how long I ended up playing from Dragonsreach.  I kept trying to knock out all the quests from that area which took forever.  I was level 40 before I really moved onto another major town. 
(SOL) Navy

Offline IceGhost

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 09:14:17 am »

Rob║n
276 products in account
1 review

Recommended
3,001.0 hrs on record

I was surprised by how long I ended up playing from Dragonsreach.  I kept trying to knock out all the quests from that area which took forever.  I was level 40 before I really moved onto another major town.

I installed the SkyRealism mod which makes questing the way you described more practical.  It makes it so that you aren't so heavily overleveled after doing a lot of side quests.  It also adds a lot of other realistic features such as the need for food, water, and sleep.  It also generally increases the difficulty of the game without making it frustrating.  I wasn't sure I would like it with all the realism features added, but so far I'm digging it pretty well.