Author Topic: MAD MAX  (Read 1978 times)

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +65/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
MAD MAX
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:14:43 am »
I never, repeat, never buy games based on movies or tv, because they are usually money grabs, low quality and just plain suck.

However, I changed my toon playing Mad Max.  I am frickin hooked on this game.  The game contains a true open world, do what you want or follow the story.  Everything in the world is destroyable.  It has an awesome story (takes place after the latest movie when Immortal Joe is dead), unlimited side quests, exploring, crafting, intense combat both in vehicle and on foot.  Did I mention your dog warns you of mines?  What is not to love! 

I got it on sale a few months back, after reading some positive reviews, but honestly I was not expecting much.  But after playing it this whole weekend, I'm not even 1/4 the way through, it is a true gem of a game that I can't put down.  Most of these type of games I pick up and put down a few hours later, this one I really want to play to the end.  Insane.  Note to parents: Language is not bad, but blood and gore can be bad for young viewers.

In-game images:

If you get a chance to play it, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

IGN Review:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/31/mad-max-review
The graphics bugs that are mentioned in the article were fixed with patches.  Everything runs and looks great on my end.

WHO RULES BARTATOWN?!?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:22:50 am by alphie »

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +58/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
Re: MAD MAX
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 08:32:31 am »
Wave given.

Thanks!
(SOL) Navy

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +119/-112
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:07:41 am »

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 03:34:32 pm »
I still can't stop playing this game.  I have a little over 60 hours in and I'm about 3/4 the way through it.  Some people have beat the game in 40 hours, but they left doing every side quest and finding all the loot in the wasteland on the table.  I am taking my time and playing the whole game, talking to all the survivors and exploring every territory.  Somewhere around 30 hours the tasks started getting redundant, but now that I am close to Gas Town, the story has kicked in again and it is turning into a completely different game.  I can't wait to get to the end just to see how it wraps up.

I keep meaning to play planetside, but my mouse finger goes to Max instead.  Very cool game.

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +60/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 03:27:23 am »
I still can't stop playing this game.  I have a little over 60 hours in and I'm about 3/4 the way through it.  Some people have beat the game in 40 hours, but they left doing every side quest and finding all the loot in the wasteland on the table.  I am taking my time and playing the whole game, talking to all the survivors and exploring every territory.  Somewhere around 30 hours the tasks started getting redundant, but now that I am close to Gas Town, the story has kicked in again and it is turning into a completely different game.  I can't wait to get to the end just to see how it wraps up.

I keep meaning to play planetside, but my mouse finger goes to Max instead.  Very cool game.
Love the excitement... if Civ wasn't about to drop, I might check it out. Instead I'll wish list it for later and then Chubain can give me a "welcome to 3 years ago!" when I start taking about it

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 12:17:01 pm »

Love the excitement... if Civ wasn't about to drop, I might check it out. Instead I'll wish list it for later and then Chubain can give me a "welcome to 3 years ago!" when I start taking about it
Hahaha

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +58/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 06:52:48 am »

Hahaha

:spank:

Says the dude with no children!  My delayed approach isn't ideal, but I eventually get to all the games.  The upside is that I'm never without a "new" game to play, and all the online guides/tips are created and updated by the time I play the game.
(SOL) Navy

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »
Finished this game a few weeks ago.  Lot of fun and surprise twist ending.  After I finished, it opens up the leather jacket, pants and v8 Interceptor from the original Mad Max movie to continue exploring the wasteland.  Well worth the price of admission.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +33/-53
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 01:06:32 pm »
Finished this game a few weeks ago.  Lot of fun and surprise twist ending.  After I finished, it opens up the leather jacket, pants and v8 Interceptor from the original Mad Max movie to continue exploring the wasteland.  Well worth the price of admission.

Thanks for spoiling that there is a surprise twist ending! And while you may have changed your toon, you probably actually changed your tune:snm:

Offline Dedsquirrl

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +56/-41
  • Experimental Food Product
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 09:37:25 am »

So what you are saying is that after finishing you couldn't "Just walk away"?
"Do you Fear Me?!?!....
Well why not dammit?"

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 12:08:34 pm »

So what you are saying is that after finishing you couldn't "Just walk away"?