Author Topic: Star Wars: Battle Front  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +113/-112
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
Star Wars: Battle Front
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:06:04 am »
Welp,
Since it got lackluster reviews for the PC, mostly for being kinda dumbed down to fit better on a console, I decided to just buy it on my console :)
I bought the 'Season Pass' package for my Xbox One last night. Hopefully I can get better at FPSing with a pair of sticks. I did hear rumor that mouse and keyboard support are coming to Xbox One next year sometime.

Offline Philosfr

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +59/-76
  • (SOL) Navy Rockstar
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Battle Front
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 08:27:27 am »
Welp,
Since it got lackluster reviews for the PC, mostly for being kinda dumbed down to fit better on a console, I decided to just buy it on my console :)
I bought the 'Season Pass' package for my Xbox One last night. Hopefully I can get better at FPSing with a pair of sticks. I did hear rumor that mouse and keyboard support are coming to Xbox One next year sometime.

It was dumbed down on the PC so that it plays like a console... so you just bought the version for the dumbed down PC instead?  :crazy:

Heh, just giving you crap since it lessens the chance I'll ever play this with you :p Though now that I resubbed to WoW, I doubt I would have picked this up for the PC soon anyway.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
--Oscar Levant

Offline Twinky

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +20/-18
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 08:33:49 am »
Over all I've heard bland reviews for it, bunch of my coworkers tried out the beta were not impressed enough to justify the purchase.
I'll try anything once and do it again for fun.

Always out numbered. Never out gunned.
Twitch: TwinkyGTV
Twitter: @BigNopes
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigtxn

Offline Rico

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +22/-12
  • noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 11:58:38 pm »
I didn't think it was worth the price after playing beta, I will pick it up on sale at some point. 

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 07:25:52 am »
I had a pretty good time playing it last night.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +36/-31
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 07:46:15 am »
I didn't think it was worth the price after playing beta, I will pick it up on sale at some point.

What Rico said. It could have been something spectacular had it been developed for the PC, and "dumb downed" for the consoles, instead they made a damn console port again. Some developers get it, but EA is a console whore now. This really saddens me, as I was hoping this game was going to be awesome. I played the beta, and was so shocked, I only played it for about 3 hours and quit. I would not pay a premium for it. It did not feel open world and grand, it was like the poo'ey new COD games with small maps and expansive animated backgrounds to give it a sense of being huge. Honestly, I don't even think I will buy it if it goes on sale. Maybe pick it up if it goes on humble bundle (LOL)

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 10:44:11 am »

What Rico said. It could have been something spectacular had it been developed for the PC, and "dumb downed" for the consoles, instead they made a damn console port again. Some developers get it, but EA is a console whore now. This really saddens me, as I was hoping this game was going to be awesome. I played the beta, and was so shocked, I only played it for about 3 hours and quit. I would not pay a premium for it. It did not feel open world and grand, it was like the poo'ey new COD games with small maps and expansive animated backgrounds to give it a sense of being huge. Honestly, I don't even think I will buy it if it goes on sale. Maybe pick it up if it goes on humble bundle (LOL)
its kinda a crappy PC title, but it makes for one of my best console games :)

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 10:46:02 am »
btw, I heard they didn't have all the different game modes and missions included in the beta event. There are tons of game modes including ones where you are doing nothing but xwing vs tie fighting.

Offline Tesla

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +36/-31
  • Contract Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 11:41:08 am »
btw, I heard they didn't have all the different game modes and missions included in the beta event. There are tons of game modes including ones where you are doing nothing but xwing vs tie fighting.

No doubt, glad you like it. I tried FPS on consoles, and I don't like the analog stick crap, I do not know how people manage to get good using that control scheme.

Offline RBeen

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-91
  • Canada Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 11:51:52 am »
Up until very recently I was still better with a gamepad than with M+K. Being a console peasant since the age of 6 certainly helps a lot.

Offline Pyldrvr

• Superman
  • Administrator
  • pro user
  • Superman
    • View Profile
    • The Gameslapper
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 02:39:54 pm »

No doubt, glad you like it. I tried FPS on consoles, and I don't like the analog stick crap, I do not know how people manage to get good using that control scheme.
yea, I'm not very good at it either.

Offline Rumblood

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +33/-53
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »

yea, I'm not very good at it either.

Yeah, I had gotten The Last of Us on PS3 and was really liking the story and such. But once I realized it was actually a shooter and got stuck in a firefight that I would have sailed through on PC I yanked it and parked it in the dust bin  :surrender:

Offline Crucible

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +33/-21
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • (SOL) Navy
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 05:18:33 am »
A couple local buddies picked it up and are having fun with it, and glad to hear you like it Pyl. I'm inching closer to getting it myself. The wife and I just played through Halo 1-4 over break and I'm getting better with the thumbsticks so I'm hoping I wont be awful in SWBF.

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him. -- GK Chesterton