Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +58/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 07:09:21 am »
Chubain, I have seen you playing Wolfenstein:  The New Order on Steam.  What do you think?

I like it.  I've owned it for a long time, but as usual I'm way behind playing games.  I'm about done with it.  It is a FPS, but it is well done.  The story is pretty far fetched, but I've really enjoyed it.  If you are decent with a FPS, you should set the difficulty to 1 level below max (I can't remember what it is called) to give any challenge.   
(SOL) Navy

Offline LyonHart

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-36
  • The Dark Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 09:34:26 pm »
I played it...multiple times actually.  I love the game, and while far-fetched, found the story to be really good.  I am glad you like it, and highly recommend it.

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +65/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 05:40:19 am »
I received Fallout 4 a week ago as a belated father's day present.  I am so cracked out on it.  I have to purposely make myself not play it or I will be up all night.  Great game so far and I have only just joined the minutemen, so I am still at the beginning of this game about 12 hours in.  Great stuff and the crafting, I am really digging.

Offline StarDruid

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • not so noob
  • Kudos: +14/-15
  • Slightly Sane
    • View Profile
    • Gentle Rain Of Serenity
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 06:43:41 am »
Going to be getting is as soon as I can myself, everyone at work is always talking about it as well. Decided instead of waiting till my tax return I'd just get a small loan from my CU to get my new laptop now and a new video card for my PC and make payments till I pay it off in a few months with my tax return. Beside it'll look good on my credit to taking the loan and paying it off.

Remember it's not StarDruid if it's not random topics.

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 08:09:28 am »
It really is that good, you won't be disappointed.  Just the sheer amount of stuff going on in the game.  It's amazing.  Those guys at Bethesda really made an awesome sequel to Fallout 3, the graphics, sounds and game play is spot on.  I can't wait for Christmas vacation so I can actually spend a lot of time in the world.

Offline LyonHart

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +34/-36
  • The Dark Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 06:24:17 pm »
It is an outstanding game.  I have played it for about 60 hours now, and feel like there is still a ton of stuff to do.  Of course, I do every side quest and explore every building or location I see.  I am obsessed with grabbing anything I can salvage.  If I exceed my weight limit, I store all of the stuff I cannot carry in a container of some kind and come back for it.  I do not use VATS very often.  I actually feel like I do better getting crits simply aiming manually for locations and firing.     

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 01:22:04 pm »
It is an outstanding game.  I have played it for about 60 hours now, and feel like there is still a ton of stuff to do.  Of course, I do every side quest and explore every building or location I see.  I am obsessed with grabbing anything I can salvage.  If I exceed my weight limit, I store all of the stuff I cannot carry in a container of some kind and come back for it.  I do not use VATS very often.  I actually feel like I do better getting crits simply aiming manually for locations and firing.     
LOL Same here.  A lot of the time, I just crawl back overloaded when I know that there is a clear path back to a table.  I hardly use VATS as well.  I thought about putting a point into The Stranger, just so I can see that secret agent in VATS.  But, I always want to put a point somewhere else when I level up.  If you are in a suit, use quick travel as it doesn't use any fusion core power.