Author Topic: Naatsis'aan Robotics has now qualified to compete in the world championships!  (Read 506 times)

Offline enryon

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • super noob
  • Kudos: +3/-1
  • noob
    • View Profile
 We are now back home and safe!

In Idaho we finished 9th place! We were the highest rookie seed and won the all star award (only 1 team can win this per event). Statistically we were 3rd in offense, 5th in Defense, and 4th overall! We changed only 1 thing on the robot and went from meh to hanging with the best of them.

Winning the All Star Award automatically qualified us for worlds. In 2 weeks we will be flying to Houston and competing against 600 teams from around the world.

The hard part now will be funding. We do have some help though. We are now sponsored by L3, TrailersPlus, Sahara Cares, American Indian Services, and AndyMark. We also set up a go fund me page to help raise funds.

Today we also got a bit of a boost with a call from our county commissioner as well as Congressman Jason Chaffetz. Both have pledged to donate to our team, but nether have done so yet or said how much. We have also been contacted by KSL radio and several news organizations.

This has now grown to be bigger than our team. This can easily turn into a movement to improve schools on reservations.

Here is our new go fund me link. If anybody happens to know decision makers at their businesses, please contact me so I can give you my contact info. We really want to start a team at Monument Valley and Whitehorse next year.

https://www.gofundme.com/naatisaan-robotics-frc-championship

Offline Teka

• (SOL) Navy Flowers
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +70/-63
  • Mischief Managed
    • View Profile
Yay! I got teary eyed reading this update. So happy for all of you, great job!

Offline alphie

• (SOL) Navy Captains
  • pro user
  • Kudos: +64/-77
  • The Feral Kid
    • View Profile
Enryon,

I am going to advertise for you on other social media because it is a worthy cause. 

A little advice if you don't mind:  Next time you do a go fund me, throw in a Navajo Robotics Team T-shirt for $30 or $50+ dollar donations and you would already be past your goal.   Folks like to give to worthy causes, but when the soccer moms and dads can rub it in their friends faces, they tend to give more.

I am going to fund you some cash, but it would've been hella cool to have a team t-shirt.  I got a lot of "in your face" friends around my area.  lol

Offline enryon

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • super noob
  • noob
    • View Profile
Enryon,

I am going to advertise for you on other social media because it is a worthy cause. 

A little advice if you don't mind:  Next time you do a go fund me, throw in a Navajo Robotics Team T-shirt for $30 or $50+ dollar donations and you would already be past your goal.   Folks like to give to worthy causes, but when the soccer moms and dads can rub it in their friends faces, they tend to give more.

I am going to fund you some cash, but it would've been hella cool to have a team t-shirt.  I got a lot of "in your face" friends around my area.  lol

Wow! That is an awesome idea. We should have done the shirt thing. Good news is that we have pretty much met our goal. I posted a transparency breakdown of what gofundme paid for on the campaign page. Airfare and hotels are crazy expensive when taking a group of 10 on short notice.

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +58/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
I've been out of the country, so I'm late to the party.  This is awesome news!  You and your team should be very proud.  Also awesome news that you've raised the cash to compete.  Good luck and keep us posted!!
(SOL) Navy

Offline enryon

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • super noob
  • noob
    • View Profile
We finished 23rd and locked up the highest seeding for a rookie team. I am so proud of my kids.

Offline Chubain

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +58/-50
  • noob
    • View Profile
We finished 23rd and locked up the highest seeding for a rookie team. I am so proud of my kids.

Amazing!  Great job for you and your kids.  Post some pics of the event.
(SOL) Navy

Offline Twinky

• (SOL) Navy Members
  • dedicated
  • Kudos: +20/-18
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
I was happy to read this update. With all the crap I got going the positivity is welcome.
I'll try anything once and do it again for fun.

Always out numbered. Never out gunned.
Twitch: TwinkyGTV
Twitter: @BigNopes
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigtxn